Textiles & Handcraft, India
Bare Necessities provides zero-waste alternatives to the conventional toxin-formulated and plastic-packaged personal, lifestyle, and home care products (such as lip balms, scrubs, shampoos, dish wash, and wooden cutlery) in the market. Their women-run manufacturing team handcrafted their products using ethically, locally, and naturally sourced ingredients.
Bare Necessities has a vision of making conscious everyday consumption accessible. They create PETA-certified handcrafted products using natural, ethically sourced, and non-polluting ingredients. With super circular innovative waterless formats that seek to revolutionise the FMCG industry and reduce our carbon footprint by 80-90%.
The company raises awareness about zero waste and sustainable lifestyles through its UNESCO-recognised education initiative, Bare Learning.
- Offering free workshops such as Friday For Future at schools and colleges in Bangalore and virtually.
- Directly impacting over 295,000 people through education initiatives
- Upskilling women in underserved communities through language and computer skills
- Providing zero-waste life cycle products
- Diverting over 323,000 kg of waste from landfills (2023)
- Replacing over 39 Million plastic units with sustainable alternatives (2023)
- Creating stable green jobs, particularly for women in underserved communities
- Localised supply chain
"Through our holistic, two-pronged approach to zero-waste products and sustainability education, we tackle the waste crisis.
Through our work, which functions with circular economy methodology, we also aim to increase the number of stakeholders involved in reducing waste throughout India."